This is quick and easy to make and a perfect breakfast or post workout snack.
Strawberry Protein Loaf Cake
- 2 large or 3 small ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 100g plain yoghurt
- 100g almond butter
- a few drops of almond essence
- 30g chopped almonds
- 70g vanilla whey protein
- 100g porridge oats, ground to a flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp bicarb
- 150g strawberries, chopped
- a handful of flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan. Grease or line a small loaf tin with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl, beat together mashed banana, beaten eggs, yoghurt, almond butter, almond essence, chopped almonds, whey protein, oats, baking powder and bicarb.
- Gently stir in the fruit.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and sprinkle with the flaked almonds.
- Bake the loaf in the preheated oven for 35 – 45 minutes until well risen and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Turn the loaf out onto a cooling rack and leave to cool completely.
Note: As the loaf will only be as sweet as the bananas you use and if you want a bit more sweetness, add a little sweetener of your choice. I like to use Agave Syrup or Stevia.