This is a lovely supper or lunch dish. The combination of roasted vegetables, feta and pesto on a crisp pastry base is so delicious and a perfect all in one meal. I like to serve it with a green salad.
Roasted Vegetable Tart
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 large courgette
- 1 red onion
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 350g ready rolled puff pastry
- 150g feta cheese
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tbsp green pesto
- Aged balsamic vinegar
- Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan. Spread an oblong baking tin with 1tbsp of olive oil.
- Wash, remove the seeds and cut the peppers into 2 – 3cm pieces.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into 2cm cubes.
- Wash and cut the courgette into 2 – 3cm pieces.
- Peel, quarter and separate the onion quarters.
- Place all the vegetables onto the baking tray and sprinkle with 1tbsp of olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and bake in the preheated oven for 30 – 40 minutes or until the vegetables are soft and just beginning to brown.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and leave to cool.
- Grease or line a large baking tray with baking parchment.
- Unroll the puff pastry and place the pastry on the baking tray. Prick the pastry all over with a fork but leave a 2 – 3 cm rim around the edges.
- Brush the pastry with the beaten egg and bake for 12 – 15 minutes.
- Remove the pastry from the oven and turn down the heat to 200C/180C fan.
- Spread the pesto over the pastry on the inside of the rim and place the roasted vegetables on top.
- Crumble over the feta cheese.
- Half the tomatoes and dot them around the vegetables.
- Brush the outer rim once more with the beaten egg.
- Return the tart to the oven and bake for another 10 – 12 minutes.
- Remove the tart from the oven and sprinkle with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Serve warm or cold.
0 0 100 0