These are so delicious with honey or jam for breakfast. I have also served them for afternoon tea with jam and clotted cream. They freeze well and can be easily warmed up in the oven for 5 minutes.
Quark Raisin Rolls
For the Dough
- 125ml whole milk
- 500g white bread flour
- 7g easy blend yeast
- 60g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- A few drops of lemon essence
- 10g salt
- 250g low or fat free quark
- 1 medium egg
- 1 medium egg white
- 100g raisins
For the Glaze
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp milk
- Heat the milk to hand hot.
- Place the flour, yeast, sugar, vanilla, lemon essence, salt, quark, egg and egg white into the bowl of a stand mixer. With the dough hook attached and on a low speed, mix all the ingredients together until combined. Increase the speed to medium high and knead for 5 minutes. Add the raisins and continue kneading for 30 seconds until combined.
- Place the dough into a clean bowl dusted with flour. Cover with cling film or a shower cap and leave to rise in a warm place for 1 – 1 ½ hours until the dough has at least doubled in size.
- Line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Turn the dough out onto a worktop lightly dusted with flour. Knead for 1 – 2 minutes. Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and shape into smooth round rolls. Place the rolls on the baking sheet. Cover the rolls with oiled cling film or place the baking sheet into a large plastic bag and leave to rise again for 30 minutes.
- During the last 10 minutes of rising preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan.
- Brush the rolls with the egg yolk glaze then cut a cross on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes until risen and golden brown.
- Leave to cool on a cooling rack.
0 0 100 0