These are my daughter’s favourite pancakes. I tried to come up with a healthy pancake that featured her beloved coconut. The pancakes are gluten and sugar free and you could, of course, top them with anything you might like.
Oat & Banana Pancakes
For the pancakes
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 150g fine oatmeal
- 100ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut milk powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Plus some sunflower oil for frying
- 100ml plain yoghurt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 200g frozen or fresh mixed berries
- 2 tsp of Stevia (optional)
- Place all the pancake ingredients into a blender and blitz until well blended.
- Brush a non-stick flying pan or pancake pan with a little oil and heat to a medium heat.
- Pour some of the batter into the pan (I usually do 3 – 4 pancakes at a time) and fry until the edges start to look dry and bubbles start to appear. This takes about 2 minutes.
- Flip the pancake over and cook until golden and firm to the touch. Set aside on a plate.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up. I get about 16 pancakes out of this mixture but it depends on the size of the pancakes.
- To serve, wash and prepare the fruit or defrost the frozen berries and sweeten with stevia if you like.
- Stir some maple syrup into the yoghurt or drizzle over the pancakes and serve with the fruit.
0 0 100 0