These have my favourite flavour combination but I make them for my coconut-mad daughter and her friends. They are quick and easy to make and not too sweet. The raspberries cut through the sweetness of the chocolate and, combined with the coconut, make my dream team.
Coconut & Raspberry Muffins
- 100g white chocolate
- 150g plain flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 100g desiccated coconut
- 3 large eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- 150g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 150g frozen or fresh raspberries tossed in ½ tsp of flour
- 30g white chocolate to decorate (optional)
- Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper liners or grease the tin.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and set aside.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder and stir in the coconut.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs until pale and fluffy.
- Stir in the sugar, butter and vanilla essence.
- Add the flour/coconut mixture to the wet ingredients and fold everything together with a metal spoon until just combined. Do not over mix or your muffins will be heavy and dry.
- Gently fold in the chopped chocolate and raspberries until just combined.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared tin and bake in the preheated oven for 20 – 25 minutes until well risen, firm to the touch and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To decorate break the white chocolate into a small microwave proof bowl and melt in 30 second bursts.
- If using, pour the chocolate into a small food bag and snip off a small corner. Drizzle the chocolate over the muffins.