Cook1 hr 5 min
Cherry cheesecake is one of my all time favourites and I love a moist and tasty almond bundt cake. Put together they make it into the top of my list of cakes, it is a fairly easy cake to make that is sure to impress.
Cherry Cheesecake Bundt Cake
For the Cherry Filling
- 40g caster sugar
- 1½ tsp corn flour
- 500g frozen cherries
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp almond extract
For the Cheese Cake Filling
- 100g cream cheese
- 50g unsalted butter, softened
- 80g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
For the Cake
- 280g plain flour
- 100g ground almonds
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 45g unsalted butter, softened
- 180g caster sugar
- 45ml corn oil
- 300g plain yoghurt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan. Grease a 2.3 Litre/ 10 Cup Bundt tin with melted butter.
- For the cherry filling, place all the ingredients in a saucepan and stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring all the time, until thick. Set aside to cool.
- For the cheesecake filling, beat together the cream cheese, butter and sugar until smooth. Add the egg, flour and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- For the cake, sift the flour, baking powder and bicarb into a bowl and stir in the almonds and salt.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer beat together the butter, sugar and oil until light and fluffy.
- Add half the yoghurt and beat until smooth then add half the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Beat in the remaining yoghurt, eggs, vanilla essence and almond extract until well combined.
- Stir in the remaining dry ingredients until just incorporated.
- Spoon two thirds of the cake batter into the tin and with the back of a spoon, make a deep well around the centre.
- Carefully spoon in the cherry filling followed by the cheesecake filling.
- Top with the remaining cake batter to enclose the filling and smooth the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 55 – 65 minutes until firm to the touch and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar if liked.
0 0 100 0