February 24, 2016
This quantity makes 1 Swiss roll or two 20cm round cakes
- 40g icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- 60g ground almonds
- 45g caster sugar
- 70g plain flour
- 20g unsalted butter, melted
- Grease and line your chosen tin or tins. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer and with the whisk attached, beat 1 egg, 2 egg yolks and the icing sugar until thick and pale, and then beat in the almonds.
- In a separate clean bowl, beat the egg whites with the sugar and salt until stiff.
- Working in thirds, gently fold one third of the beaten egg whites into the egg yolk mixture.
- Add the remaining egg whites and sift over the flour. Gently fold everything together until incorporated.
- Stir one tablespoon of the batter into the warm melted butter then fold the butter mixture into the cake batter.
- Divide the cake batter between the prepared tin or tins and bake for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Turn the cakes out onto baking parchment sprinkled with sugar and leave to cool tamiflu generic.