These delicious cake pops are fun and very easy to make. I always freeze any left over cake and when I came across some almond sponge cake and some strawberries in the fridge the idea for these came to mind.
Strawberry Cake Pops
- 200g almond or plain sponge cake
- 100g white chocolate
- 8 – 10 small strawberries
For the Coating and Decorations
- 120g dark chocolate
- 1 tsp nut oil
- 30g white chocolate
- Pink sugar
- In a food processor blitz the cake to fine crumbs.
- In a microwave bowl melt the white chocolate in 30 seconds bursts. You can also do this in a heatproof bowl suspended over gently simmering water.
- Add the cake crumbs to the chocolate and stir to combine.
- Wash and hull the strawberries and insert a lollipop stick into each strawberry.
- Press a spoonful of the cake mixture around each strawberry.
- Repeat until all the mixture has been used up.
- Chill the cake pops in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Break the dark chocolate into another microwave bowl and add the oil. Melt the chocolate in 30 seconds bursts until smooth.
- Dip the cake pops into the melted chocolate and then push them into a block of polystyrene to set (you can get these from florists).
- Sprinkle with the sugar crystals before the chocolate sets.
- For the white chocolate decorations, melt the remaining white chocolate and pour into a small food bag.
- Snip off a small corner and pipe swirls over the set dark chocolate.
0 0 100 0