These are super easy and quick to make. You could use any fruit you like such as cherries or berries.
Stracciatella Apricot Cake
- 280g plain flour
- 40g cornflour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150g + 50g caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 135ml milk + 3 tbsp
- 50g cocoa powder
- 50g chocolate sprinkles
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tin of apricots, drained
- Some icing sugar to dust
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan. Line a 26 x 20cm, 5cm deep tin with baking parchment.
- Sift the flour, cornflour and baking powder into a bowl. Add 150g of the caster sugar, the salt, butter, eggs and 135ml of milk and beat till smooth.
- Divide the mixture between two bowls.
- Add the 3 tbsp of milk and the cocoa powder to one bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the vanilla essence and the chocolate sprinkles to the other bowl and stir to combine.
- Place alternate blobs of the mixture into the prepared tin and lightly swirl together with the back of a spoon.
- Arrange the apricots over the top and bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave the cake to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before placing it on a cooling rack to cool.
- Dust with icing sugar and cut into squares.
- Serve warm or cold.
- I like to serve mine still warm with coconut ice cream.
0 0 100 0