These delicious bars are quick and easy to make. My family can’t get enough of them.
Pecan Pie Bars
- 35g + 135g unsalted butter
- 250g plain flour
- 50g + 140g soft brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 80g pecan nuts, chopped
- 260g golden syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan. Grease and line a shallow 20 x 27cm baking tin with baking parchment, making sure that the paper extends over the sides. This makes it easier to remove the cake from the tin later on. Grease the parchment paper.
- Melt 35 ml of butter in the microwave or a small saucepan and set aside to cool.
- Place the flour and 135g of butter cut into small cubes into the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse the mixture until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add 50g of the sugar and pulse again until combined.
- Press the mixture firmly into the base of the tin. I use a pestle for this but the back of a spoon also works.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- While the base is baking make the filling. In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs then add 140g of sugar, chopped pecans, melted butter, golden syrup and vanilla essence and stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture over the pastry base in the tin and bake for a further 15 – 20 minutes until firm to the touch and golden brown.
- Remove the cake from the tin and leave to cool on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, cut the cake into bars.
0 0 100 0