These are easy to make Christmas cookies. I absolutely love marzipan and personally can’t get enough of it. The cookies are crispy on the outside but still slightly chewy in the centre.
For the dough
- 200g unsalted butter, softened
- 150g white marzipan, finely chopped
- 100g caster sugar
- pinch of salt
- a few drops of almond essence
- 1 egg, beaten
- 200g plain flour
- 100g chopped almonds
- 50g dark chocolate
- 45 almonds, halved
- Beat together the butter, marzipan, sugar, salt and almond essence until soft and fluffy. Beat in the egg until combined.
- Sift over the flour and add the almonds. Stir and knead together until combined.
- Divide the dough into two. Roll each piece into a 4cm thick roll and wrap in cling film. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut the dough into 1 cm pieces and place 2cm apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Leave the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before placing them on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Break the chocolate into a microwave bowl and heat in short burst until melted.
- Pour the chocolate into an icing bag, snip of the tip and pipe stripes over the cookies. Leave for the chocolate to set.
0 0 100 0