These decadent tartlets make a wonderful dessert that is easy to make and can be made in advance. My guest certainly declared them a success.
Hazelnut Chocolate Cheesecake Tartlets
For the Pastry
- 250g of hazelnut pastry, see basics
For the Chocolate Cheesecake
- 250g cream cheese
- 100g icing sugar
- 200g dark chocolate
- 150ml double cream
For the Topping
- 12 Ferrero Rocher Chocolates
- Grease the sides and base line six 10cm fluted tartlet tins.
- Roll out the pastry on a work surface lightly dusted with flour as thinly as possible.
- Cut out six disks and use to line the tins.
- Prick the bottoms with a fork and leave to rest for 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan.
- Line the tartlets with baking parchment and fill with baking beans. Bake for 15 minutes, remove the baking beans and parchment paper and continue baking for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes, and then take the pastry cases out of the tins to cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make the filling, beat together the cream cheese and sugar to soften.
- Break the chocolate into a microwave proof bowl and heat in 30 second bursts until melted or melt in a bowl suspended over a saucepan of simmering water and then leave to cool.
- Beat the cream to a soft peak and stir in the melted chocolate.
- Fold the chocolate cream into the cream cheese and divide the mixture between the cooled tartlet cases.
- Top each tartlet with a chocolate. Roughly chop the remaining chocolates and sprinkle over the tartlets.
- Refrigerate until set.
0 0 100 0