These are quick and easy to make. My daughter is a coconut lover and these are her perfect cookies. They are perfect for the festive season and make a lovely gift.
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 180g caster sugar
- 150g desiccated coconut
- 20g plain flour
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 70g dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat the oven to 150C/130C fan. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until very stiff. Slowly beat in the sugar and the lemon juice until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Sift together the flour and cinnamon. Fold the coconut, flour and cinnamon into the egg white mixture until combined.
- Using two teaspoons, spoon the mixture in rounded dollops on to the baking sheets. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Leave to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before moving the macaroons onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, pipe the melted chocolate in lines over the macaroons and leave to set.
0 0 100 0