This is an absolute favourite with my peanut butter mad son. I must say, the rest of the family is quite fond of this one too. A lovely moist cake that I like to make using my favourite Nordic Ware Heritage Bundt tin.
Chocolate & Peanut Butter Bundt Cake
For the Cake
- 120g unsalted butter, softened
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 200g smooth peanut butter
- 3 large eggs
- 240ml buttermilk
- 270g plain white flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 100g dark chocolate chips
For the topping
- 100g dark chocolate
- 60ml double cream
- 50g smooth peanut butter
- 50g caramel salted caramel sauce
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160/c fan. Grease and flour a 2.8L/12 cup Bundt tin.
- For the cake, place the butter and both sugars into the bowl of your stand mixer and beat together until soft and fluffy. Add the peanut butter and beat until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time and beat well after each addition, until well incorporated. Mix in the buttermilk.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. With the mixer running at a low speed, slowly add the flour mixture and beat until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared Bundt tin and bake in a preheated oven for 55 – 60 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 30 minutes, then remove the cake from the tin and place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Dust the cake lightly with icing sugar. Break the chocolate into a microwave bowl. Add the cream and heat for 50 seconds. Whisk the mixture until smooth. Pour the chocolate into a piping bag and drizzle the ganache over the cake.
- Place the peanut butter with the salted caramel into a microwave bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth and pour into a piping bag. Drizzle the peanut butter caramel over the cake.
0 0 100 0