Here is a delicious loaf that is high in protein, gluten free and has no added sugar. As a bonus it’s quick and easy to make and as good for breakfast as it is as a snack or a post workout treat.
Almond, Blueberry & Raspberry Protein Loaf
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed (about 200g)
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 100g almond butter
- 70g vanilla whey protein
- 100g porridge oats, ground
- 100g Greek yoghurt
- a few drops of almond essence (optional)
- 70g blueberries
- 70g raspberries
- Sweetener of your choice (optional), see Notes
- A handful of flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan. Grease or line a small loaf tin with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl, beat together the almond butter, beaten eggs, vanilla protein powder, oatmeal, yoghurt and almond essence if using.
- Gently stir in the fruit.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and sprinkle with the flaked almonds.
- Bake the loaf in the preheated oven for 35 – 45 minutes until well risen and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Turn the loaf out onto a cooling rack and leave to cool completely.
Notes: As the loaf will only be as sweet as the bananas you use and if you want a bit more sweetness, add a little sweetener of your choice. I like to use Agave Syrup or Stevia.