These coconut slices are moist and delicious. I made them first for Chalk Farm Disability Centre’s Summer Fair where, I am happy to say, they went down a treat. They are super easy and quick to make that even a novice baker could do these.
- 200g plain chocolate
- 100g unsalted butter, softened
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 200g desiccated coconut
- 100g sultanas
- 100g glacé cherries
- Line a 23cm square tin with baking parchment.
- Place the chocolate into a heatproof bowl suspended over a saucepan of barely simmering water until melted. Remove the bowl from the heat and stir until smooth. Pour the chocolate into the prepared tin spread to level. Refrigerate until set.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan.
- Place the butter and sugar into a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer and beat until pale and creamy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time and beating well after each addition until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the coconut, sultanas and glacé cherries until fully combined. Spoon the mixture over the chocolate and level with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 – 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave to cool completely in the tin before turning it out and slicing.
0 0 100 0