January 19, 2016
- 3 lemons, juice and finely grated zest
- 125g unsalted butter, cubed
- 225g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- In a heatproof bowl, combine the lemon juice, zest, butter and caster sugar.
- Place the bowl over a saucepan with barely simmering water, making sure that the bowl does not touch the water. Stir until the butter and sugar have melted.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and beat lightly with a fork.
- Strain the eggs into the lemon mixture and, stirring constantly, cook for about 10 minutes until the mixture is thick like custard and looks almost opaque.
- Transfer the lemon curd to two clean jam jars.
- The curd will keep in the fridge for about 2 weeks.