March 9, 2016
Makes about 500g
- 200g plain flour
- 40g ground roasted hazelnuts
- 100g cold butter, cubed
- 70g caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- Heap the flour and hazelnuts on a cool work surface and make a well in the centre.
- Put the cubed butter, sugar and salt and mix together with your fingertips until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Make another well into the centre, add the egg and lightly work the egg into the flour mixture until well combined and the pastry is smooth.
- Wrap the pastry into cling film and refrigerate until needed.