December 7, 2015
Caramel Sauce 1
- 300g caster sugar
- 150ml single cream, heated
- 1tbsp water
- 75g salted butter
- In a saucepan and over a medium heat stir together the sugar and water until the sugar has melted. Turn up the heat and without stirring leave the sugar water to boil until it is a caramel colour.
- Carefully add the hot cream. It might splash, so take care.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the butter.
- Leave to cool before serving.
Caramel Sauce 2
- 100g caster sugar
- 60ml water
- 30g salted butter
- 60ml double cream
- In a saucepan over a low heat stir the sugar and water together until the sugar has dissolved.
- Turn up the heat to medium and without stirring let the sugar cook until a deep caramel colour.
- Remove from the heat and carefully stir in the butter and cream (it will bubble up so take care).
- Pour into a heatproof bowl and leave to cool.